Private guides take you behind the scenes to explore the most trendy as well as most elegant neighborhoods of Sydney. Stay in iconic hotels and lodges as private guides and small group tours offer you an insider prospective and the flexibility to do only the things that interest you. The colorful neighborhoods of Sydney are followed by a coastal wonderland on Kangaroo Island and outstanding food and wine in the Barossa Valley. End with an unparalleled safari experience in the Flinders range. This private tour can be modified to fit your interests.
Explore the exciting food and wine culture of Sydney’s quirky neighborhoods on foot, by car and on a cruise in its harbour. Climb the Sydney bridge at sunset, learn to surf at Bondi beach, gain a new perspective from acclaimed aboriginal Sydney guide, or explore the food culture of Sydney. Small group or walking tours take you to fun & quirky neighborhoods to see street art and find the ultimate best food. Your unique accommodations are a highlight, each perfect in its remote surroundings and offering the best in service and food. Sydney is spectacularly lit up and brimming with music and dance during Vivid Sydney (May 25-June 16) and Adelaide Festival celebrating all arts is first 2 weeks of March. Extend to Wolgan Valley, Lizard Island, Uluru or attend Dark Mofo in Tasmania (June 15-24).
Cruise under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and wave at the Opera House on a lunch cruise. Learn to surf at Bondi Beach or swim in the calm waters of Coogee. Lose yourself in the cobblestone cul-de-sacs of The Rocks or in the markets, boutiques, cafes and pubs of Paddington.
- 3 nights at ideally located Pier One Sydney.
- Learn about the amazing neighborhoods of Sydney on a small group tours and harbor lunch cruise.
- Take your pick of two exciting activities in Sydney plus full day walking /driving tour of new neighborhoods.
- 2 nights Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island including touring and nature activities.
- 2 nights at the acclaimed Louise with full day Daimler-Benz food and wine private tour.
- 2 nights at exclusive Arkaba station in Flinders Range. Includes game drives, visit to rock paintings, nature hikes and star gazing.
- Scenic flight over Wilpena Pound.
- 1 night at Mayfair Hotel in Adelaide.
- All transfers and flights within Australia.
- All meals and drinks at Southern Ocean Lodge and Arkaba Station. Other meals as indicated.
Day 1: Soak up Sydney’s gorgeous harbour, seductive outdoor lifestyle and great natural beauty. As well as a world-famous harbour and more than 70 sparkling beaches, Sydney offers fabulous food, festivals and 24/7.
Private Transfer to Pier One. This afternoon get your bearings as you explore Sydney’s colourful neighbourhoods on a small group tour of the city.
Day 2: This morning you have a choice of a walking tour to explore street art, funky shops and best food of one of Sydney’s neighbourhoods or explore the historic Rocks area from the perspective of an acclaimed Aboriginal guide. Since Sydney is all about the 188 miles of shoreline within its harbor, lunch simply must be on a harbor cruise This afternoon at Manley or Bondi beach, learn to surf. Or climb the Sydney Bridge to enjoy the sunset or take a tour of the Sydney Opera house. Two activities of your choice are included today. BL
Day 3: Get an exclusive view into the heart of four of Sydney’s newest precincts on a six-hour driving and walking tour: The Cannery; a one-time industrial building converted into a food haven. Barangaroo; once a working-class wharf region is now a curated dining and shopping precinct. Tramsheds is a restoration of Rozelle Tramway Depot, and Kensington Street has been converted to award winning high-rise Central Park known for its hanging vertical gardens and home to creative businesses, cafes, bars, restaurants, and galleries. B
Day 4: Transfer to Sydney airport for your flight to Kingscote, Kangaroo Island (via Adelaide). Your transfer to the Southern Ocean Lodge is the perfect introduction to the island’s rolling hills and farmlands dotted with kangaroos. Enjoy a gourmet lunch overlooking the magnificent coastline and a scenic walk atop the limestone cliffs of Hanson Bay. Thundering waves crash along the coastline below. Stand on top of the cliff with the wind blowing, look out to sea and realize there is nothing but ocean between here and Antarctica. This evening, learn about the culture and history of the island over drinks in the lounge. BLD
Day 5: You have a choice of experiences today. A half day program takes you to Cape du Couedic Lighthouse, Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch and a fur seal colony to see the island’s wildlife, maritime heritage and stunning coastal landscapes. Or visit Seal Bay to stroll the beach alongside Australian sea lions. Sip premium beverages and enjoy a 'Kanapé' as the sun sets at a spot where kangaroos and wallabies congregate. In between you may want to give the mountain bikes a spin or take a self-guided walk. That is only if you resist the pull of the spa! BLD
Day 6: Return to Kingscote for your flight to Adelaide where you collect your rental car. On your short drive to Barossa Valley we suggest a stop at WHISPERING WALL, the retaining wall of the Barossa Reservoir. Built between 1899 and 1903, the dam was a revolutionary engineering feat. It has unique acoustic effects: words whispered at one side can be clearly heard at the other, more than 100 meters away. Your luxury hotel is in the heart of the scenic Barossa Valley, often compared to Tuscany. B
Day 7: Have breakfast with kangaroos in a natural setting before your private tour in a classic air-conditioned, 1962 Daimler with award winning wine guide, John Baldwin. Blend you own wine at Penfolds. Then experience a private tasting of super luxury premium Barossa wines at Roennfeldt Road cellar door. After lunch at Vintners Restaurant experience Seppeltsfield, a living, national treasure dating back to 1851, home of the world's only continuous collection of fortified wines dating back to 1878 and the opportunity to draw from the barrel of your birth year. To top it all off, afternoon tea is at Maggie Beers Farm Shop. BL
Day 8: A beautiful three hour back roads drive takes you to the base of the stunning Flinders range and an abandoned sheep station, now a thriving conservation success story, where African Safari meets Australian Outback. With only 10 guests, miles from anywhere, this 1850s homestead offers true “wild bush luxury.” The station boasts prolific wildlife with Australia’s Red and Western Gray Kangaroo and Common Wallaroo seen frequently. The threatened Yellow footed Rock Wallaby and well over 100 bird species are found here as well. BD
Day 9: Create your own program of approximately seven hours of guided activities today by 4X4 and on foot. Wallabies and kangaroos abound. See ancient rock drawings and star-studded night skies. In between catch a swim in the homestead’s pool. Exquisite food and fascinating hosts make your stay a life highlight. BLD
Day 10: Drive to nearby Wilpena to board a scenic 30-minute small plane flight over the stunning Wilpena pond that you have been exploring by land. On the drive back to Adelaide, stop at Quorn to board the historic Pichi Richi railroad through the beautiful Pichi Richi Pass. The drive to Adelaide is about 5 hours. Explore the wine and festival capital of Australia, a charming blend of historic buildings, wide streets, trendy shops and street cafes. Take a tram to the beach, or visit Aboriginal Culture Centre or the Adelaide Central Market. Overnight Adelaide. If you visit early March you’ll catch the Adelaide Festival – a celebration of all the arts. B
Day 11: Fly to Sydney where your private transfer takes you back to the Pier One Hotel in the heart of Sydney. B
Day 12: Private transfer to the airport. B
Codes. B=breakfast. L= lunch. D=dinner.
Touring product inclusions:
- 4 nights Pier One. Breakfast daily.
- Introduction to Sydney small group tour.
- Harbor lunch cruise.
- Full day tour of four of Sydney’s most trendy neighborhoods.
- Choice of any 2 of the following 5 tours in Sydney: *a WALKING tour to explore street art, funky shops and best food of one of Sydney’s neighbourhoods *see Sydney through the eyes and culture of an acclaimed ABORIGINAL GUIDE. * Visit to Manley or Bondi beach with SURFING LESSON. * climb the Harbour Bridge in time for sunset views. * Tour of Sydney Opera House with dinner.
- 2 nights Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island including all meals and drinks. Morning, afternoon and early evening nature activities.
- 2 nights at The Louise with breakfast.
- Full day food and wine private tour of Barossa Valley with award winning guide, in a vintage Daimler-Benz..
- 2 nights at exclusive Arkaba station in Flinders Range. Includes all meals and drinks, game drives, visit to rock paintings, nature hikes and star gazing.
- Scenic flight over Wilpena Pound.
- 1 night at Mayfair Hotel in Adelaide breakfast included.
- Rental car for days 6-10.
- All transfers and flights within Australia
The price for this trip is $9,850.
Contact us today to begin speaking with one of our travel experts.
Get Full Itinerary
Fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.