We are thrilled to offer a truly unique opportunity led by Clive Stockil and Paul Hubbard to visit Gonarezhou National Park, Machangana Culture and Arts Festival, Great Zimbabwe’s ruins and Matobo National Park. The Machangana (Shangaan) people of the South Eastern lowveld of Zimbabwe are the proud owners of a unique and vibrant social culture and each year they celebrate their culture at their Machangana Culture and Arts festival.
The Shangaan people are proud of their hunter/gatherer culture which recognizes the importance of respecting the environment. They have long depended on sustainably utilizing the natural resources which are to be found in this diverse and remote part of Zimbabwe. In support of this event, you will have the opportunity to interact in a very real experience with the Shangaan people at the festival.
After the festival you will continue onto the Great Zimbabwe Ruins and the Matobo National Park, which is another fascinating and truly rewarding area of Zimbabwe to visit.
Step Back in Time: Discovering Africa
A private guided experience with two prestigious conservationists who are recognized internationally as the top guides in Africa.
- Day 1: Arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa - Overnight at the Peech Hotel
- Day 2: Transfer back to OR Tambo International Airport for your regional flight to Harare and then onward charter flight to Mahenye in south eastern Zimbabwe. Overnight Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge, Gonarezhou N.P., Zimbabwe
- Day 3: Overnight Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge
- Day 4: Overnight Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge
- Day 5: Overnight Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge
- Day 6: Overnight Great Zimbabwe Hotel
- Day 7: Overnight Camp Amalinda
- Day 8: Overnight Camp Amalinda
- Day 9: This morning after breakfast we will be transferred back to Bulawayo airport for your onward flights
The dates have been arranged to coincide with this year's Mahenye Festival; a modified program may be arranged by Extraordinary Journeys, excluding the festival, for those who wish to travel at a later date.
The price for this trip is $6,020.00 per person sharing in a dbl/twin (Single Supplement - $370.00 per person). See detailed inclusions and exclusions in the full itinerary below. (Based on travel in September 2016.)
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts.
Get Full Itinerary
Fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.