Despite Zimbabwe’s political and economic struggles, it remains a top safari destination, with friendly locals, superb wildlife, and camps that offer great value for money.
Start your trip at the magnificent Victoria Falls, a destination that offers both adrenaline-fuelled adventure and excellent game viewing. From here, fly to Hwange National Park, where you’ll stay on a private concession, and then to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Mana Pools for water-based safaris, day and night game drives, and a memorable night under the stars.
- This 10-day fly-in safari starts with two nights at Thorntree River Lodge, set on the banks of the Zambezi River in Zambia, and just 15 km from Victoria Falls. Activities include rhino tracking on foot, sunset cruises, and tours of the Falls. If you're up for an adventure, swim in the Devil's Pool (seasonal), take a microlight flight above the Falls, or go white water rafting
- Take a short flight into Hwange National Park and your first game drive en-route to Somalisa Expeditions, which is set on a private concession overlooking a watering hole well-frequented by elephants. Activities include guided bush walks, game drives, and night drives, and wildlife sightings could include zebra, wildebeest, and the rare and endangered wild dog, as well as giraffe, lion, leopard, and hyena
- Fly to Mana Pools, known for its wildlife-rich floodplains and magnificent views of the Zambezi River and the Zambian Highlands. Perched on the banks of the river, Zambezi Expeditions is the ideal launching point for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing as well as game drives and walking safaris
- A game drive inland takes you to sister property Kanga Camp, set on a private concession and overlooking the only major waterhole within miles. The area is particularly well known for its lion and wild dog population, and activities include walking safaris and morning and afternoon game drives, with the option of a night on a sleepout deck set in a treetop canopy
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge on Lake Kariba makes for a perfectly relaxing finish to your trip. If you’d like to experience city life, hop on a flight to Cape Town for a couple of nights in South Africa's most beautiful city
- DAYS 1& 2: Fly into Livingstone, road transfer to Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, Thorntree River Lodge
- DAYS 3-5: Fly to Hwange National Park, Somalisa Expeditions
- DAYS 6 & 7: Fly to Mana Pools National Park, Zambezi Expeditions
- DAYS 8 & 9: Drive to Kanga Camp
- DAY 10: Fly to Harare and connect with your international departure
From $6,061 per person
Get Full Itinerary
Fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.