Renowned professional photographer Paul Joynson-Hicks has lived and worked in East Africa for the last 20 years spending much of it photographing wildlife throughout the region. His breath-taking images have won him international awards and has had 4 books published; Safari Dreaming, Saadani a Celebration, Tanzania – Portrait of a Nation and Uganda the Pearl of Africa. Now Paul is sharing his passion and talent, offering amazing photographic safaris designed to frame Tanzania's wildest experiences in your lens. His trips are an exciting opportunity to take your photography to the next level and Tanzania is the perfect environment for keen photographers to hone their skills while exploring a beautiful country in entertaining company.
Benefits of a Photo Safari
- Guides who understand the fundamentals of photography and will get you into the right positions as well as tracking the best game.
- Limit of 4 people per vehicle to ensure maximum manoevrability and space.
- The best safari camps and lodges in the destinations chosen and with the facilities to support photographers needs
- Workshops run in camp by Paul provide the chance to discuss and review your photography and work on new ideas and techniques
- Traditional safari experience available for partners (who may not be interested in photography)
Photo Safari Programs
Five set programs are offered through out the year (dates and itineraries can be altered for a private group). Here are the remaining dates with availability for 2012 and a few set for early 2013.
The Big Cat Chronicles: November 11-18, 2012. Join this exciting photographic tour to the Serengeti National Park in search of its famous big cats. Prices from $7,000 per person sharing (single room supplement of $1325).
Chada and Chimps: January 16-24, 2013. Far to the west of Tanzania are two great parks, Katavi National Park and Mahale Mountains National Park. They are so remote that very few travellers get down here, leaving an untouched wilderness for you to explore and photograph. Prices from $8,250 per person sharing (single room supplement of $1,225).
Calving Season in the Serengeti - March 15-22, 2013. Not only is it best for photography but it is also the quietest time of year in the north for tourists. Prices from $6,500 per person sharing (single room supplement of $1,160).
These rates are per person per night sharing and include activities, full board accomodation, drinks & laundry but exclude park fees and flights.
For more information about booking a Joynson-Hicks photo safari please email [email protected]